Computational Scientist / Bioinformatician (PhD)
Cyclica, an early-stage biotechnology company in Toronto, aims to revolutionize drug discovery using structural biology and AI. The company applies computational and bioinformatics methods to the analysis of large datasets of chemogenomic data, protein structures, and small-molecule ligands. It integrates information on molecular interactions with genome-wide data on protein–protein interactions, and cellular pathways, as well as on genomic markers of drug sensitivity and toxicology. In building its core R&D team, Cyclica is seeking skilled computational scientists and bioinformaticians to help develop new commercial technologies. This position requires a fundamental understanding of the life sciences with strong programming skills and the ability to contribute to team programming efforts.
Cyclica is one of Toronto’s top AI companies developing a one-of-a-kind platform for pharmaceutical researchers to build better drugs — putting safer, more effective drugs in the hands of people that need them. We are a growing team with diverse backgrounds and a passion for science. Cyclica offers health benefits, ESOP, a dynamic and social team, and coffee. Lots of coffee. We also have a very convenient office location adjacent to King Station (~10-minute walk to Union Station). Working for Cyclica provides a great opportunity for professional and technical growth.
- Innovate, implement, adapt and integrate new scientific software to our platform
- Maintain and document application changes (content changes, code fixes, etc.)
- Communicate and interact with UI design team and software developers
- Required: 2+ years using popular data analysis and modelling packages (e.g. Python or R)
- Required: Great organizational and communication skills, both oral and written
- Preferred: Experience coding in a team setting (i.e. version control, documentation)
- Preferred: Experience with database design and maintenance
- Preferred: Familiarity with distributed computing and cloud computing environments
This position is open to recent Ph.D. graduates and may be subject to external funding opportunities.
Please email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Local candidates preferred, remote and/or telecommuting applicants will not be considered.