Cyclica, an early-stage biotechnology company in Toronto, is centered around the use of predictive informatics in medicinal chemistry. The company specializes in the application of computational and bioinformatics methods to the analysis of large datasets of chemogenomic data, protein structures, and small molecule ligands. It integrates information on molecular interactions with genome-wide data on protein-protein interactions, and cellular pathways, as well as on genomic markers of drug sensitivity and toxicology.
In building its core R&D team, Cyclica is seeking a bioinformatics software developer to help develop new commercial technologies. At Cyclica, the successful applicant will help design, develop, and deploy tools used by scientists to predict and explore chemogenomics data. This position requires a fundamental understanding of molecular biology and strong programming skills, capable of contributing to team programming efforts. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to make a significant impact in a small company's growth while broadening their own skill sets as programmers and/or scientists.
- Contribute new functionalities to our pipeline
- Maintain and document application changes (content changes, code fixes, etc.)
- Deliver quality projects in a timely manner
- Required: Adaptable to different programming environments and resources.
- Required: Experience working in a command line (bash) environment.
- Required: Strong programming skills in Python.
- Required: Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Required: Experience coding in a team setting (i.e. version control, documentation).
- Preferred: Experience with database design and maintenance.
- Preferred: Familiarity with distributed computing environments
This position is open to recent B.Sc. or M.Sc. graduates and will be subject to external funding opportunities.
Please email a CV and Statement of Interest to email@example.com. Application will be accepted until the position is filled. Local candidates preferred, remote and/or telecommuting applicants will not be considered. Only successful applicants will be contacted. For more information about our company, please visit: www.cyclicarx.com