Cyclica is an early-stage biotechnology company in the city of Toronto, that combines structural biophysics, bioinformatics and artificial intelligence to enhance drug discovery. Cyclica has developed a web-based platform designed for bench scientists for use in academic and industrial institutions — enabling these researchers to put develop safer, more effective drugs and place them into the hands of people that need them. Our customers include research institutions and hospitals, small biotechnology companies, and mid-cap to large-cap pharmaceutical companies.
In building our R&D team, we are currently seeking a Solutions Scientist to manage relationships with clients as well as to serve as primary testers/users of our web-based platform. This position is open to M.Sc. graduates in any life science related field, with a broad understanding of biochemistry/ pharmacology/ bioinformatics and excellent communication skills. Subject-specific training will be provided.
Solutions Scientists are client-facing and primarily concerned with best-in-class client product and service delivery and application of solution to partner engagements. The role also assists in providing user feedback to the software development team, and supports business development and marketing efforts by representing end user requirements. Solutions Scientists are the client’s point of contact at Cyclica, acting as a liaison between the client, sales team, and R&D scientists once the commercial team has established contract relations. The candidate must understand and articulate clients’ needs, guide clients through the use of the platform, oversee compound analysis, prepare brief reports when necessary, and will use our web-based platform to provide real-time feedback and suggestions to developers to guide future development.
- Conduct on-boarding activities of new clients once a master service agreement by Sales is executed
- Manage client projects and on-going relationships with clients at a tactical level, forming a client relationship management team with Business Development staff and appropriate leadership members
- Serve as experts in the use of our web-based platform to ensure client satisfaction
- Will act as initial testers of the platform to guide the development of new functionality and tools, and communicate these improvements to clients
- Conduct ad-hoc research to publish case studies and publications which will be used by the Marketing team for client acquisition purposes
- Participate in the execution of marketing activities and presentations as may be necessary, including trade shows, conferences, road shows, and speaking engagements
- M.Sc. in a life science related field
- Broad understanding of biochemistry, pharmacology, systems biology and/or genetics
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills a must
- Ability to conduct independent research
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ph.D. in a life science related field.
- Pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology industry experience
- Experience interpreting macromolecular structural data
- Teaching and mentoring experience
- Familiarity with software development processes
Please email a CV and Statement of Interest to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Cyclica will offer a competitive compensation package. Only successful applicants will be contacted.